Skip to main content

Full text of "Richard Bloom's September 2015 Visit to Hollywood, Hosted by the Hollwood Property Owners Alliance"

See other formats

Kerry  Morrison

Kerry  Morrison

Wednesday,  November  11,  2015  9:07  AM

Harter,  Tim

Daniel  Halden

Follow  up  re/  Cal  Trans

Hi  Tim,  wanted  to  check  in  with  you.

When  AM  Bloom  was  here  with  us  in  September,  we  talked  about  having  a meeting  with  Cal  Trans  (and  maybe  CHP)  to
discuss  a sustainable  solution  to  the  chronic  encampment/panhandling  that  happens  at  the  south  bound  101  offramp  to
Sunset  Blvd  (at  Van  Ness).

I know  that  Richard  had  asked  for  evidence  that  other  freeways  build  walls  along  their  ramps...l  know  I've  seen
this.  Someone  I discussed  this  with  lately  said  he  thought  the  different  between  the  101  and  perhaps  the  405  or  5 is
that  they  are  interstate  highways.  Don't  know  if  that  is  true,  but  we  have  to  come  up  with  something  that  will  protect
not  only  that  neighborhood,  but  vehicles  stopped  at  that  stop  sign.

We  stand  willing  to  help  or  advocate  in  any  way.  Let  me  know  your  thoughts.

Kerry

Keiry  Morrison,  Exec,  Director
Hollywood  Property  Owners  Alliance

1680  Vine  Street  Suite  600
Hollywood,  CA  90028
323-463-6767  office
323-833-1635  mobile

1

Kerry  Morrison

Subject:  Discussion  with  Assemblymember  Richard  Bloom

Location:  TAft  Building  Suite  600

Start:

End:

Show  Time  As:

Thu  9/24/2015  8:30  AM
Thu  9/24/2015  9:00  AM
Tentative

Recurrence:  (none)

Meeting  Status:  Not  yet  responded

Organizer:  Kerry  Morrison

Required  Attendees:  Bill  Humphrey  (bhumphrey@hudsonppi.com);  Melissa  Logan  (Ioganator74

@yahoo.com);  Carol  Massie  (carol.massie2@verizon.net);
mecheverria@mussoandfrank.com;  Beth  Andrus  (bandrus@worldofwonder.net);
ricksolano323@yahoo.com;  Harter,  Tim;  Matthew  Severson
(Matthew@hollywoodbid.org);  sseyler@andrewsinternational.com;  Daniel  Halden;
Ginnie  Gallo

Greetings,

Thank  you  for  agreeing  to  participate  in  the  conversation  with  Assembly  member  Bloom  on  Thursday  morning.  We  are
fortunate  that  Councilmember  Mitch  O'Farrell  will  be  joining  us  as  well.

I am  going  to  have  you  assemble  around  8:30  a.m.  - we  will  be  taking  him  at  8 a.m.  on  a tour  driving  through  the  two
BIDs  to  show  him  some  of  the  areas  where  encampments  have  been  forming  (both  on  our  sidewalks  and  adjacent  to
freeway  ramps).  Then  we  will  come  back  for  a conversation.  I think  we  may  have  him  until  about  10:15  or  10:30.

You  have  been  invited  because  you  represent  companies  and  businesses  that  have  a rich  history  in  Hollywood  and  can
attest  to  the  changes  we've  seen  (the  deterioration  as  it  were)  over  the  past  year  or  so.  It  is  important,  also,  that  you
share  how  the  trends  of  late  have  impacted  your  tenants,  residents,  employees  etc.

We  are  grateful  that  we  have  access  to  two  elected  officials  who  take  seriously  their  responsibility  to  represent  their
constituencies  - and  I am  confident  that  your  observations,  anecdotes  and  suggestions  will  be  useful  to  them.

I'll  have  coffee  and  some  light  refreshments  here  for  you  while  we  complete  the  tour  of  the  BID.

Thank  you  again,

Kerry

P.S.  For  most  of  you,  it  will  be  easy  to  walk  here.  However,  another  option  for  parking  is  the  Vine  Street  Garage,  across
the  street  from  us,  mid  block.

Kerry  Morrison

Kerry  Morrison

Tuesday,  September  22,  2015  4:33  PM
'Harter,  Tim'

RE:  Briefing  for  SEPT  24th  background  for  the  Assemblymember

Tim,  I will  tackle  these  questions  before  I leave  today.

Just  sent  you  the  attendees.

Kerry

From:  "Kerry  Morrison"  <Kerrv(5)hollvwoodbid.ore>

To:  "John  Tronson  (Avison  Young)"  <John.Tronson(5>avisonvoung.com>

Cc:  "Jill  Basowski  (Avison  Young)"  <Jill.Basowski(5)avisonvoung.com>

Subject:  Richard  Bloom  Thursday  morning
Date:  Mon,  Sep  21,  2015  3:36  PM

John,  are  you  here  Thursday  morning?  Can  you  be  part  of  the  meeting  with  Assemblymember  Bloom
re/  homeless  issues?

Kerry

KERRY  MORRISON

Executive  Director

[ Hollywood  Property  Owners  Alliance  ]

1680  N.  Vine  Street,  Suite  600  | Los  Angeles,  CA  90028
323.463.6767  | kern  Co'  hollvwoudhid.nrg  | onl vinliolK  wood. ore

1

Kenj^Morrison

David  Gajda  < gajdad@pacbell.net >

Monday,  September  21,  2015  9:02  PM
Kerry  Morrison

RE:  Beso  rep  at  Thursday  meeting  with  Assemblymember

I think  he  would  probably  br  good  or  have  Iisse  if  he  is  not  available

Sent  via  tlw  Samsung!  fiala'tj  S 141  111.  an  A I'AtT  4ti  l I I snianplum*

Original  message

From:  Kerry  Morrison
Date:09/22/2015  1:32  AM  (GMT+01:00)

To:  Dave  W Gajda

Subject:  Beso  rep  at  Thursday  meeting  with  Assemblymember

Hi  David,  I know  you  are  travelling,  but  perhaps  you  are  checking  emails.

We  have  a meeting  scheduled  with  Assemblymember  Richard  Bloom  this  Thursday  - his  office  reached  out  to
us  to  see  how  Hollywood  is  faring  with  increases  in  homelessness,  etc.

We  will  be  conducting  a tour  for  him  of  all  the  encampments  with  the  BED  Patrol  first,  and  then  we  will  meet  in
my  office  with  six  property  owners  - 3 from  Sunset,  3 from  BID.  Dan  and  I thought  having  someone  from
Beso  would  be  a good  idea.  Who  would  be  the  best  one  to  invite?  Is  Rick  Solano  appropriate  - he  seems  to  be
very  knowledgeable  and  has  a history  here.

Kerry

KERRY  MORRISON

Executive  Director

1

Kerry  Morrison

Monday,  September  21,  2015  3:51  PM
'Jill  Basowski  (Avison  Young)';  John  Tronson  (Avison  Young)